Terms and conditions Plan A event management BV
The Client who has assigned us with the task and/or the participants in the Event, being the group leader representing the group who would like to participate.Assignment:
The assignment from the Client to us to organize a program for the Participants in relation to one or more of the following areas: Recreational activities, hotel accommodation, restaurant bookings and local transport.Event:
The actual occurrence of the recreational activity including hotel accommodation, restaurant bookings and local transport.Participants:
The participants to the Event.
Plan A Event Management BV, a company residing at Nieuwe Nieuwstraat 27C, 1012 NG Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
All bookings accepted by us and arrangements made by us are subject to these terms and conditions.
- Obligations to the Client
We act as a booking agent. We are not the direct supplier of the accommodation and activities which make up your travel arrangements, unless agreed otherwise. We are obliged and commit ourselves to carry out the Assignment in a responsible manner and will try to select the best suppliers. We do not arrange transportation of persons or goods from England to The Netherlands or vice versa but will only arrange local transport.
- Obligations of the Client
The Client guarantees that he or she is duly appointed by the Participants to represent them. The Client will ensure that the Participants behave in a responsible manner during all activities so as to uphold our good name and reputation. We hold the right to cancel the Event or elements thereof in the event that the Participants do not adhere to any warnings issued by us or our supplier. In such case, the Client will be held fully responsible for payment of the activity as well as for potential damages and consequently no refund will be payable to the Client or any of the Participants. The Client will (i) confirm to the Participants in writing before the Event takes place that the Participants will participate in the Event at their own risk and responsibility and (ii) notify in writing to the Participants before the Event takes place all our other terms and conditions which may reasonably be deemed to be relevant for the Participants, such as, but not limited, the use of alcohol and the observance of instructions during the Event.
- Cancellation and alteration
In the event the Client cancels the Event cancellation fees will be charged as follows:
More than 42 days before arrival date = 20% of total cost;
More than 29 days before arrival date = 50% of total cost;
Less than 29 days before arrival date = 100% of total cost.
All cancellations must be received in writing and the date of cancellation is that upon which written cancellation is received by us.
In the event that the Client wishes to make changes to the Assignment before or during the Event takes place, providing that such change is possible, the Client is liable for covering all costs in relation thereto.
If due to circumstances beyond our control it becomes necessary to substitute alternative accommodation, of which may be a higher or lower standard, or make any other alterations to the Event we shall inform you of the changes as soon as possible. You must pay any additional cost due to such changes. If the changes are, in our view, so substantial as to materially alter the Event and you are unwilling to accept them then you may cancel the Event and we will give a refund of the cost of the Event to us. Surcharges may be applicable where an Event requires a minimum number of participants to proceed, and the group does not meet this minimum number. This could lead to the cancellation of the Event of which we are not held responsible and alternatives may be offered of an equal or greater value. If this value is greater, then you must pay us the difference in price. If the final number of a group is an odd number, then a single supplement surcharge will apply if the booking includes accommodation or an Event which is number dependant.
- Invoicing and payment conditions
– Upon the moment of acceptance of an offer, 20% of total cost will be due. Payments need to be done by creditcard or bank transfer. Only upon receipt of this amount, a booking will be deemed to be made.
– The Client will ensure that the remainder of the invoice is paid 42 days before the Event takes place.
– In the event that the Assignment is issued to us less than 42 days before the date that the Event takes place, the total invoice must be paid immediately.
– If payment has not been received 32 days before the Event will take place, we hold the right to cancel the Event. All costs incurred in relation to such cancellation will be payable by the Client.
– In spite of our careful selection of suppliers, we cannot be held responsible for the execution of the Event by the supplier(s). More specifically, we cannot be held liable for any other damage than direct damage suffered by the Client, if proven to be as a result of our gross negligence or our willful misconduct. Our liability will be limited to the maximum amount of the agreed Assignment.
– We cannot be held liable for any damages of whatsoever nature, property loss, injuries or death caused or suffered by a Participant who was under influence of alcohol or any other drugs.
– We cannot be held liable for any damages of whatsoever nature, property loss, injuries or death caused or suffered by a Participant who did not follow up instructions and safety guidelines instructed by us or our supplier.
– The Client will indemnify us for claims from third parties with respect to damages to companies or individuals brought about by a Participant to the Event.
The Client will reimburse us for all costs incurred in relation to any damages brought about by a Participant. The Client authorizes us to reimburse ourselves via your creditcard.
– You must ensure that the Participants have adequate travel insurance with high medical cover (including repatriation by air ambulance), and cover for cancellation and curtailment.
- Circumstances outside our control
– We will not be held liable in the event that an Event or part of an Event cannot take place due to circumstances outside our control, such as, but not limited to cancellation of the Event by the party contracted by us that should carry out the Event or part of it or illness of the majority of our personnel or national strikes, including but not limited to public transport strikes.
– In the event that an Event or part of an Event cannot be carried out, we will do our utmost to find a suitable alternative for the Client. If such alternative incurs extra costs, we will first consult with the Client and only proceed after the Client’s written approval.
– In the event that an Event or part of an Event arranged by us cannot take place due to circumstances outside our control, we hold the right to postpone or cancel our Assignment without any legal or financial liability towards the Client or any third party unless stated by law. In such case, the agreed financial and/or legal liability rests with the Client.
9. Applicable law
The Client recognizes that the Event is held in THE NETHERLANDS and is therefore covered under DUTCH LAW. The assigned court will be the COURT in AMSTERDAM.